I managed to extract all data from the corrupted database, except for the weather history data from a single weather station (MMUN in Mexico), so I didn't need to use old backups. The weather history is currently being loaded in the running database. I started the load just after midnight (after getting home from the Kent concert), it's now 2 PM and 74970000 of 106248685 rows have been loaded already, so the load should be completed this evening. That's right, there are currently 106 million weather reports stored from 8728 weather stations.
Then database load is a bit slow, since I made the loading script sleep most of the time - it loads the reports of a single weather station, and then sleeps three times the time it took to perform the previous load. This prevents it from slowing down the database too much, and interfering the normal operation of the aprs.fi site. Once it's finished, the restore process is completed.