On Saturday I did the planned upgrade. The big new user-visible feature is that you can now track multiple targets on the map. Just type in multiple callsigns separated with a comma: Rautauoma, OH2RDK, or click on 'start tracking' more than once. This code has been running on the beta site for a week now.
Oh yeah, referenced digipeaters and igates are now shown when you look up a day in the history. There is little bug in there, though - it shows their current positions, instead of their positions on the selected day. But hey, they rarely move.
There were also some rather large changes under the hood, causing a longer outage than usually. I replaced the Apache web server software with nginx, which allows me to run with HTTP keep-alive again (without running out of memory), and should generally handle larger amounts of users without that much trouble. It also helps with resource management - I'm now running separate web server processes for each service instead of a single Apache process pool for a large number of virtual servers. Now, if one service gets a beating, the others won't be affected so easily. Upgrades and configuration errors in one service won't break others, either. The downside is that name-based vhosts are out of the question.
Today's photo was taken on 11th of August at the summer cottage in Maaninka. EXIF says 9:39:17 PM. It's freezing and very dark in Helsinki today, so I'd rather go back a few months.
PS. I'll be in Bordeaux, France for the next 2 weeks or so.