- Sign up to the service, if you haven't done so already. Your account's nickname will, by default, be used to mark your position.
- Log in!
- Find your current position on the map.
- Zoom up close for more accurate pointing.
- Right-click the position and select Upload my position. On a Mac, press ctrl to simulate right mouse button. Left-handed mouse setup will probably use the left button, but if you have one, you know better.
- If you didn't get the position quite right, simply move the symbol image by dragging and dropping it.
- When you've moved, right-click and upload the position again.
I also upgraded the web server software to a new major release. Nice surprise – it didn't require any configuration changes, it just worked. Or so it seems.