Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Improved igate and digipeater coverage statistics

This morning I installed an upgrade which I have been working on for quite a while. I've completely reimplemented the way "heard by" and "igated by" data is stored, allowing for faster lookups, smaller on-disk storage, and per-month views.

As a result, the info page, the heard map, the gated map and station statistics graphs will be able to show coverage statistics for complete months. This will make the views much more useful in areas with little traffic.

At first it'll only show the current month (making the view not very useful during the beginning of the month), but I'm going to make it possible to select previous months, too.

As a little bonus, space characters (0x20) now show up as non-breaking space in the "normal" raw packets display, which won't be condensed to a single space in the HTML.

No comments: